Tuesday, August 3, 2010

prophecy

I've never had a prophetic dream, which is a relief, given the magnitude of violence in my head while I'm asleep. Sometimes I'm the killer, sometimes an observer. I'm rarely the one being attacked. I used to keep dream journals trying to find a pattern and how it related to what was happening in my life at the time. I gave up, never finding a correlation. When things are great, I have nightmares. When they're not, I have nightmares. I haven't had the adrenaline-firing night terrors in a while, though. I don't miss those. It's hard to tell what's real and what's a dream at that point. I'll always have at least one dog to raise the alarm in case what I think is a dream is real. If they're not concerned, then it's all in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment