Thursday, September 19, 2013

Walls

Funny how right after I posted about having decent runs we hit the overtraining wall. Every day we ran we struggled to finish goals. Grumpiness abounded as we were sore and tired ALL the time. Doritos sounded a siren call that only got louder as we resisted it. We basically took some days off to rest and came back better for it. And yes, there were Doritos once. I even feel like making jewelry, which I haven't really done in a while because I was just too tired to care. I gave blood a few days ago so I'm not back up to speed yet, but rest is definitely something we tend to overlook. Everybody's all about push push push but they don't tell you that you must SLEEP and give yourself time off your feet to recover. The body and brain need it to keep everything working together. Now that we know what overtraining looks like, we'll keep an eye out for it. But for now.... back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment